ESC is a Year 7 to 10 school that prepares students for Years 11 and 12, further study or the workforce. The College has a student population of around 600 students who live in Eaglehawk, Bendigo and adjacent rural communities.
In 2008 building commenced on a new school. Construction is now complete and provides a fantastic, flexible and comfortable learning environment for students and staff.
Features of the College are:
- A well balanced curriculum organised around the Australian Curriculum (AUSVELS).
- Learning that is relevant and caters to student interests in: Applied and practical learning
- A commitment to the development of students’ social skills through our teacher advisor program
- Literacy and Numeracy programs that cater for individual needs
- An excellent reputation for special programs
- Programs that reflect a sense of community and draw on the support of community initiatives
- Indoor and outdoor connections for learning
- VCE/VET options for Year 10 students who wish to extend their learning
- Each student has a Teacher Advisor who provides assistance in regard to well being, mentoring and academic support.
- A highly qualified and committed staff with a depth of experience and broad range of expertise.
Learning Neighbourhoods accommodate 100 students. The neighbourhood setting caters for core curriculum classes and provides the base for their management and welfare as students, individuals and a group. Small teams of teachers provide home group tutoring to small groups of students in each neighbourhood. This helps develop a culture of high expectations underpinned by a commitment to effort and hard work by all. The flexible learning spaces and network cabling support the extensive use of Information Communications Technologies. The design of the Communities allows effective supervision of all students and includes social spaces where personal relationships are formed.